...reality is an opinion

CLICK HERE TO HEAR

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

First Sleep Paralysis Experience

The first sleep paralysis experience that I recall occured about 9 years ago, when I was 16 or 17 years old. I still lived at home then, and I had a bedroom with a twin bed in the corner, arranged so one side of the bed was flush with the wall. I don't recall taking any drugs the night before, with the exclusion that I smoked a lot of weed every day and night during this period. This experience happened in the early morning hours, right before I woke up. I note this fact because most of the time sleep paralysis occurs very shortly after I fall asleep.

My memory of this event begins as my point of conscious seemed to be out of my body, near the opposite corner of the room from where I was sleeping in my bed. It seemed as if I had been communicating with others, because the first thing I remember is "someone" (some other conscious?) exclaiming "who the fuck is that?!"

Almost instantly, I was back in my body in a state of sleep paraylisis. To my left, where I was facing, was the doorway to my room - about 10 feet away. And standing in the doorway was another human being. I was frightened beyond words, and could not look at the being for long. For the couple of seconds which I did look, the figure was a tall man dressed in clean,long- draping white cloth (kind of what I imagine someone may have dressed like from the times of ancient Greece). The man had very long hair, in a sort of thick dreadlocks hairstyle; some were colored reddish-brown and some were colored blonde-white.

I was in such a disturbed panic that I quickly turned my head to the right, where I was facing the wall. I was trying to wake up, but realized the only thing I could do was move my head side-to-side. I was trying to yell for someone, trying to scream as loud as I could, but couldn't make any sound. During this panic, I did observe my room. It was exactly the same room, except a sort of glow coming from everything. The walls of my room are painted white, but I had drawn grafitti type designs all over them in with faint, neon-colored blacklight sensitive crayon. It were these designs on the wall that seemed to glow the most noticablly. One design in particular was on the wall very close to my face, and it seemed to glow mystically with a slow-swirling light.

Although I wish I had found the courage to look back at the figure standing in the doorway, I continued to avoid looking in that direction. I struggled and panicked for several minutes until I finally was able to wake up. I sat up promptly, and was feeling disturbed as if I had just escaped from a huge struggle. Except for the glowing, everything was still as it had been in the sleep state, even the amount of light coming into the room from the morning slightly-overcast sky.

Since this experience, I have gone on to have countless numbers of intriguing experiences including many lucid dreams, some out of body experiences, sleepwalking and awakening in a panicked state, and several more episodes of sleep paralysis. None of myother sleep paralysis experiences, however, have had such a distinct figure present.

4 Comments:

Blogger mr.gabo said...

Well...sleep paralysis only happened to me once...while i was on a research trip up north...Napping during work time. My brain kept on waking me up inside my dreams. 5 to 6 times i would wake up in my cabin. Realizing i was still dreaming I’d fall back to sleep and wake up again always trying to reach the real world. (a little like the guy in the movie waking life). it freaked me out. However, i think there were reasons for this sleep paralysis. i was extremely tired of partying too much the night before and was stressed out of over sleeping during my stolen work hours.... so i guess what i'm saying is observe your mental health when these things happen...fatigue and stress might just be the trigger. well it was for me.. and for the greek dude.. say hello next time..he might just have a funny to say

Thursday, August 18, 2005 12:50:00 AM

 
Blogger viper said...

Yo nkliph...your blog was cool~~

this kind of sleep paralysis, i had experienced twice...spooky huh??

BTW...you wanna have musics in your blog? No prob man~~~ you giv me your email in my blog, ill send the code for you...

you get a account of multiply.com, where u can upload songs there, 20 songs. then with the source code u get, u paste it in template and modify a bit...and there you go.

Thursday, August 18, 2005 2:01:00 AM

 
Blogger ease your mind said...

i'm sorry. you commented on my blog a few months ago and i just now logged in. what you said was sweet and original - i liked it, and i like your blog.

Thursday, August 18, 2005 11:02:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://ivlkrwnnz.com]rjrwKS[/url] - zPAehiSQeID - http://yuxeflk.com

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:37:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home